Corn silk is one of those resources used for many, many years as a natural folk remedy worldwide.
It’s important to know that in order for it to be healing, corn silk should be cut before pollination. Corn dries abruptly in shade, so be careful, and watch the temperature. The mature, dry and dark corn silk is completely useless and has no medical properties.
Corn silk is helpful in certain diseases. It is a natural remedy that does not give unwanted, harmful consequences. Fresh corn silk contains essential oil, resin, rubber, chlorophyll, phosphoric acid, manganese and enough potassium and magnesium. So maybe now you see why it’s so good to consume corn silk.
How to prepare a tea:
Put 2 tablespoons of chopped corn silk in a cup of boiled water, cover it and let it stay for 15 minutes. If you don’t like the taste of it, add some natural honey sugar. Consume this tea 2 or 3 time daily.
How to make an alcohol tincture:
Just put chopped corn silk in a small jar, and fill ¼ of the jar. Put high proof alcohol, like vodka and fill the rest of the jar. Keep the jar in a dark and cool place for 6 weeks, and shake it from time to time. Consume this mixture couple of times a day, ¼ or ½ of a teaspoon. Also, if you want to sweeten the taste, add raw honey.
What health benefits come out of this? Well, many of course. Here are just a few of them:
* Corn silk is good for bed wetting, it can strengthen the weak urinary system. And for better effect combine it with yarrow or plantain.
* Corn silk is good for prostatitis, urinary tract infection and cystitis. Because it soothes and protects the kidneys and urinary tract due to its inflammatory properties.
* Corn silk is great for easing the passage of a kidney stone with the combination of a corn silk and marshmallow root.
* Corn silk is good for relieving the gout.
* Corn silk will significantly improve the production of insulin, and decrease the hemoglobin A1C and glucose. And, it can be used as a medicine of beneficial food in the treatment for diabetes.