Meet Sushmita — a hair care guru and one of India’s most popular rising stars of video blogging.
We at Healthli are positively crazy about her luxuriant long hair. All the female members of our team are eager to try out her hair care and growth-enhancement recipes.
1. Use aloe vera juice
Is there an aloe vera plant leading a dull existence in a flowerpot somewhere around your house? Time to put it to a better use! Aloe vera juice stimulates hair growth and is helpful in scalp care.
1. Snip off a few aloe leaves.
2. Cut each leaf in half to cause juice secretion.
3. Massage the juice into your hair roots. Using massaging movements improves blood circulation and ensures better absorption.
4. Leave the mask on for at least two hours. If you want, you can leave it overnight.
2. Prepare a panthenol mask
D-panthenol is a synthetic vitamin B5, which, when introduced into the skin, is transformed into pantothenic acid — a chemical known for normalizing the condition of the epidermis. Its properties include restoration of hair follicles and hair loss prevention.
1. Wash your hair as usual.
2. Apply panthenol (in foam or gel form) to clean hair, focusing your attention on the roots.
3. You can also apply panthenol along the whole length of the hair to smooth it out and remove static electricity.
3. Rinse your scalp with cold water after washing
Try to turn this into a habit. Cold water closes the pores and improves blood circulation, which in turn leads to faster hair growth. As an extra bonus, your hair will become noticeably shinier.
1. Rinse your hair as usual.
2. After using a conditioner or a mask, wash your hair with cold water.
4. Wash your hair with apple vinegar
Doing this a couple of times a month will be enough. Apple vinegar activates hair follicles — an indispensable service that’ll help you on your quest for lush hair.
1. Wash your hair.
2. Use apple vinegar instead of hair conditioner.
3. Do not rinse it off — unlike wine vinegar, apple vinegar doesn’t possess a strong smell.
5. Treat your scalp to protein masks
Here’s a good trick to combat protein shortage:
1. Take two room-temperature eggs.
2. Separate the whites from the yolks. Whip the whites, and apply them to the roots of your hair.
3. For added effect, you can wrap your head with polyethylene and put on a warm hat.
6. Try an egg and cognac mask
Eggs are full of protein, while cognac contains tannins that help you have thicker, fuller hair and stimulate hair growth.
1. Take two eggs and a glass of cognac.
2. Whisk the ingredients with a fork or put them in a mixer, then apply the resulting mix to your hair roots.
3. Add olive oil if you want to apply the mask along the entire length — this will give your hair softness and manageability. Sushmita uses this technique for styling and creating elaborate hairdos.
7. Use essential oils
Jojoba, almond, lavender, rosemary, and thyme oils have a beneficial effect on hair follicles by providing your scalp with a huge number of vitamins and herbal components.
1. Mix the above-mentioned essential oils among themselves or add them to a coconut oil mask.
2. Apply the mix to your hair roots. Wait for 2-3 hours.
3. To wash an oil mask off properly, rinse your head twice using an ordinary shampoo, or once using an alkaline-based shampoo for deep cleaning.